And Life 2 Go

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing" - Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Potpourri #5

... I'm already tired of my feeble attempt to customize this layout. Granted, I didn't spend too much time on it, but it's rather bland, isn't it? If and when I get some free time, I'm gonna have to spruce it up a bit.

I know talking about the weather is lame, but it's been friggin hot in Chicago all summer, with almost no rain. The country as a whole has had a higher overall climate since 2001, getting higher every year. While I always believed that global warming is occuring, do you think it's already affecting the midwest? I mean, has it been so friggin hot here just by coincidence, or, pardon my phrase, is the shit really hittin the fan?

I filled up my Jeep today, one gallon of 87 octane gas was $2.59! Damn! I didn't notice until I was done filling up... I mean, wasn't it around $2.30-something a week ago?! I know the price of oil went up big time but I didn't think it would affect the pumps so soon. I was, and still am, against the war on Iraq, but can't they throw some oil our way for "liberating" them? .... and I use that term loosely.

On a lighter note, I'm going to see Green Day and Jimmy Eat World tonight. I'm pretty psyched. I'm curious what the average age is going to be... after all, Green Day hit it big when I was about 20 or 21, and I've been following them since... so I wonder if alot of peeps my age did the same and are going to the concert. We shall see...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comment on Paragraph one :Using CSS to customize a simple HTML page should be a piece of cake for you. It should take very little time at all and very little effort to make your page look better than this. I feel like I am looking at an Arctic Fox Readme file on my old Apple IIe.

Comment on Paragraph two :My opinion on this is different. I remember some really friggin' hot summers as a child. The difference now is, with all the mainstream media outlets taking every event, regardless of how significant or otherwise, as a catastrophe to capitalize on and the fact that 'Global Warming' has been the hot buzz word for about a decade now, people want the drama. My feelings are this...the lack of ozone will cause a dramatic rise in cancer in dumbasses that won't wear sunscreen. This should kill off quite a few people since the dumbasses are reproducing at an exponential rate these days. The lack of people will lead to lack of product usage that lead to ozone depletion. Darwin will solve the problem.

Comment on Paragraph three :Gas prices are out of control. I rarely drive so I'm not really feeling the same pain. Renewable resources need to be found and utilized ASAP. Iraq can suck my dick. We have enough problems here. Get the military busy on hydrogen fuel cells for the American citezens instead.

Comment on Paragraph four :I need to go to more concerts, but I would not see the one you are attending if I was you age. Just kidding. Rock on. Tell us how it goes. I'm curious if Green Day wears green clothes and stuff and if Jimmy will finally finish eating the World.

Cheers

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home