And Life 2 Go

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing" - Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring is here... and so is the baby..

.. ah yes, I figure the first day of spring would be a good time to start up this blog again. Grey skies, continous rain, mud all over... what a great time of year in Chicago.

Despite the gloomy weather, it's great coming home to a beautiful smiling baby daughter every day. OK, sometimes she's not smiling... she's screaming, but it's all good. She's over 4 months old now, and I think she's starting to realize who I am. While she doesn't understand the concept of a mom and dad yet, I think she understands that me and my wife are the people who take care of her most. This is most evident when a grandparent or friend stops by... if she's screaming in their arms, soon as me or my wife take her, she instantly stops. While flattering, this is not necessarily a good thing, because there are going to be times where these same people visiting are going to be the ones watching our baby. And if our baby cries the entire time we're gone, these people might not be as willing or eager to watch her the next time. We shall see.

Obviously, there are sacrifices that comes with fatherhood. One that I made this year was Cubs games. Yes, it's true, I only got tickets to 4 games this year. This is quite a change from last year, where I went to 11. Due to this sacrifice I was forced to buy a large screen HDTV to watch the games on that I'm not at. I love that WGN broadcasts the games in HD. It's almost like you're there, without the drunkard behind you spilling beer, the scantily clad ladies walking in front of you, oblivious that a game is going on, or the wicked wind making Wrigley 20 degrees colder than the rest of the state. But that's why I love going to the game. Besides being a true Cubs fan, I'm also a Wrigley fan.

Anyways, back to this blog.. my objective is to at least have a couple entries a week. Not due to my many fans who I'm sure have missed me... you know who you are... but just because even now, I like going back to my entries I wrote 2 years ago to see what was going on then. It's pretty interesting. And I want to be able to the same 2 years from now. And so it shall be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home