And Life 2 Go

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing" - Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Music..makes the people..come together

Yes, a lame reference to Madonna's "Music" song. I swear I don't know how certain songs pop into my head. I'm playing the video in my head right now. . .

Anyhoo.

I cannot find my new Weezer CD. I had it in my 6-CD player in my Jeep, and when I drove to work yesterday I noticed that only 5 were in my player, and Weezer was the one missing. I conducted a full investigation, including intense questioning of my wife (she tends to "borrow" CDs without telling me), with no results. The only thing I can think of, is I drove my Jeep to work on Monday "topless", and a theft occured. If someone so chooses, they can simply waltz over to my car, press "Eject" on my CD player, and choose from 6 CDs to take. I find it strange, however, that they would go through all that trouble and only take one. Why didn't they steal all 6? And, why did they choose Weezer?! That is currently my favorite CD right now. I am none too pleased. If I don't find it within the next day or so I'm going to have to purchase another copy.

Speaking of CDs, I'm thinking of making 3 "blind" purchases (ie, buying a new album based on only one single, or none at all). I heard Depeche Mode's new single, "Precious", and found it quite pleasing to the ear. So I may buy that album, although the last album I bought from them, Ultra, was a big disappointment to me with the exception of the single, "It's No Good".
My second blind purchase will be All-American Rejects. I enjoyed their self-titled previous album, and like the new single, "Dirty Little Secret".
And lastly, I may go ahead and buy Franz Ferdinand's new album. Their first single, "Do You Want To", is fantabulous, and the video is absolutely hilarious. Watch it if you can.

Oh, and if anyone finds my Weezer CD, please let me know. I'll buy you a 99 cent cheeseburger.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I despise people that steal. At least you still have your stereo.
-Stevie B.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home