And Life 2 Go

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing" - Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Potpourri #6

Stop, collaborate and listen.

The past week has been a whirlwind of crap. I blame no one (and actually, no one (ever) is to blame... lame Howard Jones reference) other than myself. I have become a lazy oaf the past few months and I'm none too proud of it. This week was one of the most unproductive weeks I can remember, and it tops off a few months of it. It was, my friends, the whipped shit on top of horseshit. (Please don't tell me it's supposed to be "whipped cream"; the word substitution was intentional).

Now, I could write in this little entry of how I'm going to change, get my ass in gear, and so on. But I've come to realize recently that words are weak, especially mine. If I had actually done everything I had put on my "to do" list the past year, I'd be one bad-ass mo fo and would have probably received some kind of award from someone for bein' so bad-ass. And I mean that in a good way.

But no awards have come my way. So I give myself an award today, for having some of the most unproductive months in my humble 33 years of life.

Like I said though, no lists will be made of what I need to do. I know what I need to do. It will start to be done.

It is rather bad timing, however, as I leave for a 3 night, 4 day fun-filled excursion to Las Vegas tomorrow. Can't get much productive done in Vegas, unless emptying out your wallet is one of them. So I will have to wait until next Tuesday to start getting things done.

Oh, and look for me writing alot more on this thing after my return. Not that it's really a treat for you... more of a warning.

And by the way, there will be no pictures of my trip in Vegas, because as you all should well know... what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home