And Life 2 Go

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing" - Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I Have Thoust Returnedeth II

The lack of posting the last week was because I spent a fun-filled extended weekend in the city of Pittsburgh. A "guys weekend out", if you will.

We left Friday morning and just returned yesterday afternoon. I am still in somewhat of a "recovery" mode, but the 12 hours of sleep last night helped quite a bit.

It was a lot of fun, it's great to see my co-workers "let loose" for a weekend, it's amazing how different people act when on vacation versus when they're in the office, stressed out from work. I seriously believe if large corporations would allow more vacation time (like many companies in Europe), we would be much more productive. Ah, but what do I know, I'm just a peon in my company. I shall sit in my cubicle and keep quiet.

Pittsburgh is a beautiful city, alot nicer than I ever expected. The downtown area is very clean, and the city is surrounded by rolling hills covered in trees. Five minutes outside of the city and you find yourself in several huge, forested parks.

PNC Park (for baseball) and Heinz Stadium (for football) are great sport venues, and both give spectacular views of the city skyline. The fireworks after the ballgame we watched were better than many of the 4th of July shows I've seen around Chicago.

Unforunately I don't have any pictures, as I didn't bring my digital camera due to fear of losing or damaging it.

Looking back on the weekend, I think I made the right call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home