And Life 2 Go

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing" - Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

10 Things You Love About Your City

.. I haven't done a Ten on Tuesday in a while, but some of you who read this blog may know how much I love the city I live in. (OK, I don't live IN it, but close enough). So without further delay, here we go:

10 Things you Love About Chicago
1. Chicago Cubs and Wrigley Field / Wrigleyville - I couldn't think of a more fun place to be on a weekend.
2. The lakefront on a nice day - Walking along the lake, visiting Navy Pier and a few museums? All along one of the greatest skylines in the country? C'mooon it doesn't get any better.
3. The devotion of Chicago sports fans - Whether you like the White Sox, the Cubs, the Bears, the Bulls, or the Blackhawks, you love your team and let people know it.
4. The Chicago Loop - One of the cleanest downtown areas I've seen, with great architecture, restaurants, and shopping to boot.
5. The museums - The Field Museum, Art Institute, Science and Industry, Adler Planetarium, Shedd Aquarium. They all rock.
6. The music scene - I'm a little older now, so I don't frequent the downtown live clubs nearly as much, but the choices are amazing.. Double Door, Metro, Aragon, Park West, The Vic, soo many more. If there's a band on tour, no matter how large or small, they will stop in Chicago.
7. The food - Chicago-style hotdog (NO ketchup allowed!), deep dish pizza (Uno's!), italian beef (dipped, with hot peppers please), the steak houses... it's hard to stay thin around here.
8. The changing of seasons - I could never move to somewhere where it's summer year 'round. The city after a snowfall is amazing. Just don't park on the street.
9. The diversity - You name an ethnicity, Chicago has a neighborhood for it. Greektown, Chinatown, Pilsen, just to name a few.
10. The people - Kind of cliche, but every time I'm in the city I find most of the locals very nice. Maybe it's because of the food?

I'm sorry I have to stop at 10. I could probably go on for another 20 or more reasons.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot about the hookers.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home